Table of Contents
How to Connect Devices to Your Wireless Network
Your Frontier wireless home network allows you to connect your smartphone, tablet, e-reader, or other connected device anywhere in the house. The exact instructions for searching and connecting to a wireless signal depend on your specific hardware. For most of your devices, you’ll start out by defining settings and Wi-Fi settings. Check out this short video to see what logging in on popular devices looks like.
Choose your Frontier home network from the list of available wireless networks. Then enter the network password. If you have not changed your home network name or password, you will find both printed on a sticker on the Frontier router.
New Wireless Network Installation Guide :-
Understand what equipment you have: Frontier equipment includes a high-speed Internet modem and a wireless router. All of your wireless devices (smartphones, computers, tablets, watches, and any smart home device) will access the internet through your router / modem.
Avoid signal interference – Wireless signals travel through the air. Don’t let anything get in your way.
Building construction: Internet reception varies throughout the house. The wireless signal may drop if your home has metal nails or wire mesh drywall inside. Place your router off the ground, as high as possible and close to the center of your home.
Wireless router. A router sends info between your network and the Internet. With a wireless router, you can connect PCs to your network using radio signals instead of wires.
Wireless network adapter. A wireless network adapter is a device that connects your PC to a wireless network. To connect your portable or desktop PC to your wireless network, the PC must have a wireless network adapter.
To check whether your PC has a wireless network adapter:
- Select the Start button, type device manager in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
- Expand Network adapters.
- Look for a network adapter that might have wireless in the name
Connect a PC to your wireless network :-
- Select the Network or icon in the notification area.
- In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect.
- Type the security key (often called the password).
- Follow additional instructions if there are any.
Change Your Wi-Fi Network Name and Password
D-Link DSL :-
- Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.1.1. Enter the user name admin and the password found on the router’s label.
- Click the Login button.
- Click the SETUP tab and the 2.4G Wireless option.
- Click to Enable Wireless if necessary.
- Enter a name for your network that’s easy to remember.
- Under WIRELESS SECURITY MODE choose WPA2 as the Security Mode.
- Choose WPA2-PSK (Personal) in the WPA Mode box.
- Create a strong password in the Pre-Shared Key field.
- Click Apply Settings.
- Now that your wireless network has a new name and password, you must re-connect your wireless devices (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) to the new network using the new password.
Restart Your Router or Modem
- Press the power button or unplug the power cord to your router.
- Turn it back on or plug it back into the electrical outlet and wait 30 seconds.
Note: Always keep your router plugged in and turned on so that your FiOS TV can function properly. Rebooting is the only time to turn it off.