Guide To Configure Gmail account with Thunderbird:
In this article we will help you on how you can configure your Gmail account with Mozilla Thunderbird. As Thunderbird is a free, open source application for managing your emails chat etc. Before you can configure your Gmail account with Thunderbird, first you need to do some changes in settings like enable IMAP on your Gmail account. Here are the steps by which you can do it.
- Open the Gmail website using your web browser.
- Open your Gmail account.
- In the top right, you will see a setting which can be easily identified under the gear icon. A drop down menu will appear and click to select settings.
- A new tab will open, look for the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, and click on it to proceed.
- Under the POP download section you need to select enable POP and under IMAP access section, you need to select enable IMAP. Once Done select the option of save changes.
After you have enabled the setting on your Gmail account, here are the steps to access your IMAP enabled google account with Thunderbird.
- Open Thunderbird Mail on your computer or laptop.
- Go to Three Parallel Line in Mozilla Thunderbird
- Click on Account Setting.
- Click on Account Actions. Choose Add Mail Account .
- Enter the name, email address and password. Click on Continue to proceed.
- As per your requirement you need to select the option either IMAP or POP3. Once you have selected one click on Done to proceed.
- Now you can see that your Gmail account has been configured with Thunderbird and can be visible on the homepage in the left section just below local folders.