1. Here’s how you can permanently delete your Instagram account using your laptop or mobile browser.
2. You can also temporarily deactivate your Instagram account
3. If you want to recover your Instagram account later, you can deactivate it temporarily.
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms with over a billion users sharing photos, videos, stories and more. However, if you want to take a break from the rush of “perfect” moments in everyone’s life, it’s best to delete your Instagram account. Instagram has become a popular medium for highlighting public issues and social causes. Additionally, the app has garnered a huge following from millennial users and has become extremely popular.
However, like Facebook and other social media platforms, Instagram also sees a lot of posts that spread fake news and misinformation. This may be one of the reasons why you want to deactivate your Instagram account, or it may require a temporary break from social media for a while.
How to delete your Instagram Account?
Permanently remove Instagram Account from your mobile phone/ Laptop. Once you delete your Instagram account, it ca not recover . All your pictures, videos and account history, including followers, likes and comments, will be permanently deleted. If you choose to rejoin Instagram after a break, you will not be able to sign up using the same username.
In Web Browser :-
Before deleting your account, you may want to log in and download a copy of your information (such as your photos and posts) from Instagram. After your account is deleted, you will no longer have access to Instagram’s data download tool.
- First log in to Instagram.com from your computer or mobile phone. Instagram does not allow you to delete your account from its app.
- Click on Delete Your Account page.
- From the drop-down menu choose an answer why you are deleting your account.
- The site will then ask you to enter your password.
- Click on Permanently Delete My Account.
How to deactivate your Instagram temporarily?
You can also choose to deactivate your account for a while if you’re just looking for a short break from Instagram. You can choose the temporary deactivation option, which allows users to disable their account for a period of time and return to it later. All your profiles, photos, videos, comments and likes will be hidden from other users for some time and will reappear after you choose to reactivate your Instagram account. To deactivate your Instagram account temporarily, follow the steps below.
- First, you need to log in to your Instagram account from a web browser on your mobile or your computer by visiting https://instagram.com.
- Next, click on your profile icon from the top-right corner
- Select Edit Profile option.
- Next, scroll down and then tap or click on the Temporarily Disable button from the My Account option at the bottom right.
- Instagram will then prompt you to ‘Why are you disabling your account?’ A page with a drop-down menu next to
- Select an option from the menu and then re-enter your password.
- Choose from the given drop-down menu options which include ‘Can’t get people to follow’, ‘Concerned about my data’, ‘Just needs a break’, ‘Privacy concerns’ etc. . You can also select any of the other options if you do not wish to provide a specific reason for temporarily deactivating your account.
- Next click on ‘Temporarily disabled account’ button to complete the deactivation process.