Although Outlook Express has been replaced by Windows Live Mail and Windows Mail, many people still use it. When using Outlook Express, users may encounter different error messages. For this discussion, OE error code 0x800ccc0f was chosen. In this article, we will describe the causes and solutions for this OE error. Readers will learn how to fix Outlook Express error 0x800ccc0f using some easy method in this post. Let’s start with the causes of error code 0x800ccc0f.
Table of Contents
Why Error Code 0x800ccc0f in Outlook Express :
No specific reason for this error. Different situations can cause error 0x800ccc0f. If you want to know the most common cause, you can mention the unstable internet connection problem. If the Internet disconnects unexpectedly while using Outlook Express to send or verify email messages, this error can occur. Apart from this, some other cases may be responsible for this error. Incorrect Outlook Express settings, email client related issues or even malware can cause Outlook Express error number 0x800ccc0f. To resolve this error, apply the repair methods described in the next section.
Let’s Fix Outlook Express Error 0x800ccc0f :
There are several solutions to this bug that users can try. In most cases, error 0x800ccc0f is resolved with these corrective methods. To correct this error, follow all these methods one by one.
Solution 1:- Confirm that Internet Connect is Functioning Properly
We have already mentioned that the slow or unstable Internet connection is mainly responsible for the appearance of the OE error code 0x800ccc0f. To resolve this error, follow these steps:
- Open any web browser to check if you can browse normally using your current internet connection. You can also use different applications to check the speed and stability of the Internet.
- If there are no problems with the Internet, try other ways to fix this error. If you have problems with the Internet, restart the router and confirm the connection of the Ethernet cable. If you are using wi-fi, make sure the wi-fi adapter is on.
- If your internet connection still doesn’t work, this may be a temporary problem. You can contact your internet provider.
Solution 2: Check if Account Settings are Set Properly
If you tried solution 1 and the error still persists, try this method to fix Outlook Express error number 0x800ccc0f.
- Open the System Control Panel and set the View Mode to Classic View where items will be displayed as small icons. Double-click the Mail icon.
- Now click on “Show Profiles”.
- Select the General tab and choose “Request to use a profile” then click “Add.”
- Give your profile a name. Click OK
- Click “Add a new email account” and continue clicking Next.
- You must enter your email account details here. You can collect this information from your email provider. If you are using a web-based email program, see the
- Email account setup page. Once you’ve entered all the necessary information, click Next.
- Click Finish >> OK.
Solution 3:- Change the Settings of Server Time-Out
If this error occurs only once, the slow internet or server problem may be responsible. If you see a timeout message with error number 0x800ccc0f, try changing the server timeout setting to set its value to an extended value.
- Run Outlook Express on your system and go to the menu bar to click Tools >> Accounts.
- In the “Internet Account” box, select the Mail tab.
- Choose your email by clicking on it. Now click on the Properties button in the right pane.
- In the box below, select the Advanced tab and increase the server timeout. Continue increasing this value until the error disappears.