Table of Contents
How to get back those deleted emails in Outlook
Note:- Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, Outlook Express , Outlook for Mac, and Outlook Online.
When you delete an email in Microsoft Outlook, it disappears but is not completely removed from your account. These deleted messages are moved to another folder in Outlook and are not permanently deleted. Emails are kept for your convenience in case you accidentally delete a message and want to recover it. Here’s how to recover deleted emails in Outlook.
Let’s Know Deleted Emails From Outlook :-
Any email you delete will likely remain hidden, out of plain sight, for at least a few weeks and often longer. To retrieve it, search for the corresponding email.
Deleted emails are found on these sites:
- Deleted Items folder (in Outlook or in your email account).
- In Recoverable Items (with Exchange and Microsoft 365 accounts).
- On the backup site (on your computer, in the cloud, or with your email provider).
Let’s Do, Recover an Email You Just Deleted in Outlook :-
If you change your mind immediately after deleting a message that you want to keep, undoing the damage and recovering the email is particularly easy. To undo a deleted message that has been moved to the trash, press Ctrl + Z (Windows) or ⌘ + Z. (Mac). The message returns to its original folder as long as no other action (such as moving or marking another message) was performed after the message was deleted.
If you performed other actions after deleting the message, undo the series of actions until you have successfully undone the deletion and restored the desired email. If you want to restore more than one message, go to the Deleted Items folder and retrieve the email.
Recover an Email From Your Outlook Deleted Items Folder :-
Most of the deleted emails in Outlook are moved to the Deleted Items folder. This is also the place where you are most likely to restore emails.
To restore messages that are in the Deleted Items folder :
- Select the folder that contains the deleted email messages.
- Open or highlight the message you want to recover. Highlight more than one email to recover several at one time.
- Go to the Home tab and select Move > Other Folder. Or press Ctrl+Shift+V (Windows) or ⌘+Shift+M (Mac).
- Highlight the designation folder for the recovered message.
- Click OK (or Move for Mac).