Table of Contents
Set Up Yahoo Email :
Do you have this “How to Set Up Yahoo Email“? A question on your mind? Then don’t worry as we’ll discuss in detail below the steps and procedures for setting up Yahoo Mail on different email devices and clients. The below mentioned steps are described in detail and you will not face any difficulties in following and implementing them.
When starting the Yahoo email account setup process, you must enter and apply the basic Yahoo Mail Server settings. This configuration plays a very important role in the smooth running of email services. If you are unable to send / receive emails in your Yahoo! , There is something wrong with the incoming or outgoing server settings. You can choose IMAP or POP settings for your incoming mail server, although we always suggest using an IMAP server and the settings below are for IMAP server only. On the other hand, the outgoing mail server uses the SMTP settings.
Yahoo Mail IMAP Settings and Yahoo Mail SMTP Settings :-
Access Your Yahoo Mail Account With Your Email Program Using IMAP. The Internet Mail Access Protocol (IMAP) governs the receipt and viewing of messages. Yahoo Mail also supports the Post Office Protocol (POP). POP is an old email standard that controls the receipt of messages. Avoid using POP. The protocol, by design, retrieves a message from the server and then removes it from the server, so that the messages are only available on the device on which they were downloaded. In contrast, IMAP syncs messages with the server, so if you use three devices to connect to your Yahoo Mail account, all three display the same messages.
To access Yahoo Mail seamlessly in an email program, open the program’s New Account wizard, and enter these settings:
- Yahoo Mail IMAP server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- IMAP port: 993
- IMAP TLS/SSL: yes
- IMAP username: Your full Yahoo Mail address
- IMAP password: Your Yahoo Mail password or app password
- Yahoo Mail SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- SMTP port: 465 (try 587 as an alternative)
- SMTP TLS/SSL: yes
- SMTP username: Your complete Yahoo Mail address
- SMTP password: Your Yahoo Mail password
Yahoo Mail Settings for iPhone :-
Do you want to know the settings of Yahoo Mail for iPhone? Then read below and find the procedure to set up a Yahoo Mail account on iPhone along with the correct setup of Yahoo Mail for iPhone. The procedure is described below in a staggered manner that is easy for anyone to follow.
- Firstly, you are required to click on the “Settings” icon of your iPhone.
- Now select the “Mail” option.
- Click on “Accounts”.
- Select the “Add account” option.
- Make a click on the “Other” option.
- Click on the “Add Mail Account” option.
- Enter the required details such as your name, email address and password and then click on “Next”.
- Choose the IMAP server. Enter all the required details under the incoming and outgoing mail server as mentioned below and then click on the “Next” button.