Table of Contents
How to Take Screenshots in Windows 10
A screenshot is an image taken of whatever’s on your screen. Windows 10 provides a variety of ways to do just that. Today we are going to show you how to take a screenshot in Windows.
You can take screenshots on just about any platform, and taking screenshots in Windows is no different. It has a built-in option that works great for basic tasks, but many third-party programs provide greater ease of use and features. We’ve rounded up all the most common techniques for taking Windows 10 screenshots. In this article, I will show you some different ways to take screenshots in Windows 10.
Take a look: How to Check Graphics Card on Your PC
Take Quick Screenshots with Print Screen (PrtScn) Button
The simplest way to save a copy of what’s on your computer screen is to press the “print screen” key on your keyboard, take a screenshot without saving it as a file, or simply take a screenshot of a window (instead ) Full screen). The print screen button can be labeled as “PrtScn,” “PrntScrn,” “Print Scr,” (with insert key). On most keyboards, the button is usually positioned between the F12 and the scroll lock, (top row, between or near function keys). On a laptop keyboard, you can press the “function” or “fn” key to access the print screen feature (in other words, hold down the function key and then press PrtScn). When you press the key, it will look as if nothing happened, but the screenshot is saved on your clipboard.
Windows features has several PrtScn variations:
- Press PrtScn. It copies the entire screen to the clipboard. You can paste screenshots into any program that displays pictures and images, such as Paint or Microsoft Word.
- Press Alt + PrtScn. It copies the active window into the clipboard, which you can paste into Paint or Microsoft Word program.
- Press the Windows key + Shift + S. the screen will dim and the mouse pointer will change. You can drag to select a part of the screen to capture. The screenshot will be copied to the clipboard, which you can paste into another program. (This shortcut only works if you have the latest version of Windows 10 installed, called the Windows 10 Creator Update.)
- Press the Windows key + PrtScn. This saves the entire screen as an image file. You can find it in a subfolder called “Screenshot” in the “Pictures” folder.
Simplification of Above Steps :
- Press Fn + Print Screen. (In Windows 10)
- Open MS Paint.
- Press ctrl + v.
- This will paste the screenshot of the open window in Paint. You can save the screenshot anywhere you like.
How to take a screenshot on Windows 10 with Snipping Tool (built-in feature)
Use the built-in Snipping Tool :-
Microsoft have more flexible screenshot utility with Windows 10, called a “Snipping Tool“. You can use the snipping tool to take the screenshot and save it as an image file without first pasting the screenshot into another program means directly save in file . The snipping tool can take screenshots of an open window, rectangular area, a free-form area, or the entire screen. You can annotate your snips with a different color pen or highlighter, save it as an image or MHTML file, or email it to a friend.
How to Use the built-in Snipping Tool :-
- Start the snipping tool from the Start menu.
- In the “Mode” drop down, select the type of screenshot you want – you can choose anything from full screen to rectangular to free-form shape.
- Click on New, and your screen will freeze. You can then use the mouse to make a screenshot. The screenshot will then appear in the Snipping Tool window.
- If you want to include something like a tooltip, which only appears after a mouse movement, you can specify how long to wait before taking a screenshot using the delay menu.
- If you want to take your screenshot, you can use the drawing tools to annotate the screenshot.
- When you’re done, click “File” and then click “Save As” to save the full screenshot to your computer.
- You can also click the Copy button in the Snipping Tool window – it appears that two pages are placed on each other – to copy the image to your clipboard.
How to take a screenshot via the Game Bar in Windows 10
If you want another way to take screenshots, follow these steps.
- On your Windows 10 PC, press Windows key + G.
- Click the Camera button to take a screenshot. Once you open the game bar, you can also do this via Windows + Alt + Print Screen. You’ll see a notification that describes where the screenshot is saved.