What is Pinterest? How does Pinterest work? How do you use Pinterest? We explain the basics of Pinterest for beginners.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a new social media site that is rapidly gaining popularity, but it is a big step away from the format of Facebook and Twitter. With Pinterest, you have a virtual bulletin board where you can “pin” your interests, favorite things, and inspirations, a very visual way that makes browsing your saved items fun and easy.
You can also discover new interests by browsing other Pinterest users’ collections. Here’s how to get started using this uniquely creative social sharing tool.
Pinterest is where people feel safe to explore new ideas and try new things. They look for inspiration and they find you. To get started, you’ll need a Pinterest business account. It’s free to sign up, and you’ll have access to exclusive content formats, customized analytics, and more.
What is Pinterest really used for?
As you may know, its name is Pinterest, this means that something must have been pinned in it. Pinterest is in the form of a virtual pinboard or bulletin board, but with organizational and bookmarking tools.
If you’re interested in a topic like cooking or decorating, find images you like on Pinterest or the web, and then save those images to your Pinterest bulletin board. Create multiple bulletin boards to list your interests. For example, make a wedding board, recipe board, and decorating board.
For example, to create a recipe Pinterest board, browse Pinterest to find images of delicious dishes you’d like to try, then click the image to find its recipe and directions. Save or pin that recipe to your recipe board so you can access it whenever you want.
How Does Pinterest Works?
Pinterest allows users to post images or videos (known as ‘pinning’) on their own or others’ boards (i.e. a collection of pins,’ usually with a common theme) and other users. Allows you to browse and discover new interests. is pinned. Using a visual orientation, social networks are heavily focused on the concept of a person’s lifestyle, allowing you to share your tastes and interests with others and discover like-minded people.
On Pinterest, you are able to create “boards” and “pins” to organize your search. A board is a collection of pins and may have category titles such as “Best Recipes” or “Dance Trick Steps“.
Pinterest becomes a social network when you start following your friends or other Pinterest users with the same interest! You can follow their feed to see the latest great ideas they’ve pinned for new suggestions for your own boards.
Once you have an account, click the Add + button along the top menu bar to start adding image links, upload a new image as a PIN, or customize your boards.
Who knows – maybe a few pins will inspire you to start a hobby business. Not only are they funny, but they are also tax-deductible, something to remember.
How to Create Pinterest Account?
To sign up and run with Pinterest, create a free Pinterest account, and then start exploring. When it comes to a great idea, you know it by looking.
- Go to Pinterest.com. You’ll see a slideshow that gives you an idea of what types of themes Pinterest can inspire.
2. Click on Sign Up in the top right corner of the web page.
3. Enter your email, create a password, enter your age, and click on Continue.
Note:- Or, sign up using your Facebook or Google Account.
4. You will see a welcome message to Pinterest. Select Next to continue.
5. Choose a gender identity (Male/Female/Another)
6. Select a language, then choose your country or region.
7. Select a few areas of interest [more than five] (you can add more later), then choose Done.
8. Now Your Pinterest Account Created Successfully.
9. Conform Your Email ID has a confirmation message.
How to Save a Pin From the Web :
You are not limited to saving Pins on Pinterest. If you’ve been browsing the web and find something just right for your board, here’s how to add it.
- From your Pinterest home page, select the + plus sign in the lower-right corner of the page.
2. Select Create a Pin.
Or Business Account
3. Upload Your Pin From Local Computer Or Save from Web
4. Put Your Website URL / Image link, hit the enter key.
5. Select the images. Click on the Next button.
6. Write the Image Title, Description, Alt text.
7. Choose the board where you want to save.
8. Your Pin has been saved successfully.
How to Save a Pin From the URL :-
- Select the plus sign, and then select Create a PIN.
- Select Save from Site.
- Enter the website URL and select the arrow to continue
- Select an image and then choose to Add to Pin.
- Add a title, choose a board from the drop-down menu, then choose to save.
Pinterest for Business :-
Businesses and shopping websites can take advantage of this boom to market their products and services and grow their consumer base as part of their marketing program.
Many businesses are seeing consistent profits for months in a row. Pinterest, a visual medium, gives businesses the opportunity to design graphics to engage consumers.
Colorful infographics and visual media that promote deals, new products, and more can generate quality sales and traffic to your web page.
Pinning photos of employees can help customers identify people who work in the company.