How to Setup Your New Chromecast
Setting up Chromecast is relatively simple, whether you have Android or iPhone – all you have to do is follow the steps on the app – but to access those steps, you’ll need to do some work first.
First, make sure you have the following:
- Chromecast device
- TV or display device with an HDMI input
- Phone or tablet
- Google Account
- Access to a secure Wi-Fi network
Now, you should see the Chromecast Welcome screen: If you don’t see this screen, press the input or source button on the remote control of your display until the screen is displayed. Note the Chromecast device number on your TV screen for later.
Read This: Windows 10 login screen background Change
Download the Google Home app on your phone or tablet.
- Open the Google Home app and follow the prompts. Make sure your Bluetooth is on. Choose a Google Account to connect to the device. Choose a Home, or Create new one.
- When you see “Choose your Wi-Fi network,”.
- Be sure to connect your Chromecast to the same secure Wi-Fi network that you are using on your phone or tablet.
- When you see “Almost done!” On your TV.
- Your Chromecast setup is now complete.
- You should see a background image, time and your device name.