Table of Contents
AOL Desktop Error : When Desktop Gold Show Not Responding Error
AOL Desktop Email Client is software that is installed in your computer through which you can easily send and receive an email. This is a centralized tool for accessing all the services provided by AOL Inc. such as email, chat, search etc. You should need do something to fix AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working right away, otherwise, you can not access your AOL Mail.
AOL Desktop is a simple control panel to arrange and execute AOL services. There are two main kinds of AOL desktop package offered within the market. The first AOL desktop is a regular version which is a completely free software tool. If you are facing any problem with AOL Desktop Gold, You can reset your AOL account to make your problems go away.
Before solving the problem AOL Desktop Gold won’t open See Issue
It is a fact that technical problems never arise for some reason. There are many reasons that can cause this problem; However, we have mentioned here some of the main reasons for the “AOL Gold not opening (responding) error”.
- Improper installation of AOL Desktop Gold software.
- Broken or corrupt software files.
- AOL Gold incompatibility with some other file already installed on your system.
- Effect of viruses or malware that may be creating interruptions in the application.
- Damaged or damaged system hard drive data
Talking about the root cause of this error usually comes from the following issues:
- Software is old Version not updated
- System compatibility issues
- Maybe Internet connection issue
- Check the Add-ons you have added in your browser
- Get prompted to update Microsoft .NET Framework to 4.5.2.
Error not responding step to fix AOL desktop: –
Now we will learn how to resolve AOL Desktop not responding error. So, now it is time to go ahead and read how to troubleshoot the issue:-
1. Update AOL Software: –
If you are using an older version of AOL Desktop, there is no doubt that this is the reason behind ‘AOL desktop is not responding’. You need to update your AOL desktop software immediately by visiting the official website of AOL Desktop Gold. Once the software is downloaded, you can proceed with updating the latest version of the software.
2. System Compatibility problem: –
Before installation, you must have Windows 7 , Windows 10 , Windows 8 , Windows 8.1 operating system on your computer with latest Version Of Browser Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Safari.
- Processor speed must be at least 266 MHz
- Display with resolution 1068 * 768 or high resolution
- Recommended 1 GB RAM, 512 MB Hard disk Free
This is a basic demand for installing AOL Desktop gold on your computer . If your PC doesn’t meet this criterion, then simply upgrade your PC.
3. Troubleshooting while connecting AOL with the Internet: –
If you are having internet connectivity problem in accessing AOL Desktop gold then first of all check your internet connection here are some options below you can solve this problem by reading it. You may not be able to send or receive an email.
- First of all, check if you can go to other websites and see if your internet connection is working well or not
- If the problem persists then reboot your router To check whether the problem is not at their end, contact your Internet service provider Benefit.
4. Check the Add-ons :-
Some add-ons installed on your system may be incompatible with AOL Desktop Gold. The best thing to do is disable these plugins and run a scan of your system.
- In Google Chrome Add an app or extension :-
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More > More tools > Extensions. Or chrome://extensions/
- On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
- Confirm by clicking Remove.
- add-ons in Internet Explorer 11 :
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select the Tools button , and then select Manage add-ons.
- Under Show, select All add-ons.
- Select the add-on, Enable, and then select Close.
5. Browser is crashing in Desktop Gold :
There can be many reasons why your browser crashes. However, most of these problems can be fixed with a simple and quick solution. Before trying the solution below, please report this problem using the Report a Bug section which can be accessed by clicking the Help menu at the top in AOL Desktop Gold.
1. Click the Edit menu at the top | Select Footprints to Clear.
2. Check the box next to Browser cache. This option will erase temporary browser files that can cause crashes.
6. Get prompted to update Microsoft .NET Framework to 4.5.2.
During the installation process, you may be prompted to update the Microsoft .NET Framework to version 4.5.2 while installing Desktop Gold. You must accept this update because it is important for Desktop Gold to function properly. You should also make sure that automatic updates are enabled in your browser, as these updates help keep your computer safe.