Table of Contents
How to change your Outlook.com password
If you’re like most computer users, you probably created your email account years ago and haven’t updated your login information since. Most email services like Outlook do not require you to update them, so most people do not bother to make changes unless there is a security issue.
It is important to know that changing your Outlook password on a semi-regular basis can protect your information more effectively. Even if you do not want to change your information again and again, it is important to know how to do so. These are the steps that you must follow.
Change your password when:
- You think someone stole or received your email account password.
- Your email provider has sent you a password reset link.
- You forgot your email account password.
Way to Change Microsoft Outlook email Password
Method 1 – Change the password for an Outlook Email While You Know Old Password :
- Login into Microsoft Account.
- Go to dedicated security page and choose Password Protection from the dashboard and follow the on-screen security instructions.
- Choose the Security Page.
- A conformation page open, verification your Phone Number , and Send A Code .
- After That . New Page Appear for Change Password.
- The next page will ask you to confirm your current password and input your new password. Choose something unique, safe, and long – mixing numbers, special characters, and both lowercase and uppercase letters – and input it twice as requested. Then hit the blue save button.
Method 2 – Using Online Live Official Website Outlook.com
When you add an account to Outlook, you will enter your email address and password so that Outlook can retrieve and send your email. If you change your email password, you will need to change the password in Outlook so that you can access your account. You can also protect your Outlook data file with a password that you know originally. Lastly, your Outlook.com password can be changed by changing your Microsoft.com password.
- I forgot my password
- Go to the Recover your account page and follow the prompts.
I think the solutions will get the desired results.