Table of Contents
Change My Twitter Username
Your username, also known as your handle, begins with the “@” symbol, is unique to your account, and appears in your profile URL. Your username is used to log in to your account and appears when sending and receiving replies and direct messages. People can also search for you by your username.
Your display name, as a name, is a personal identifier on Twitter and is different from your username. This could be things like some spry, business name, or real name, and displayed next to your username. You can update your name at any time.
Read Also: Change Screen Name in AOL Account
How long can username and name be?
Because your username is the handle that people use to communicate with you on Twitter, it is important to make a good choice. You can change your Twitter username through the settings panel of your account.
- Twitter has allowed 15 character , usernames of total length.
- Allowed characters include letters, numbers and underscores only.
- You cannot use dashes, symbols, or spaces.
- Your display name can be up to 50 characters long.
How to Change Twitter Username
- Click on the More button from the navigation bar.
2. Click on Settings and privacy.
3. Click on Your account.
4. Click on Account information.
5. You will be prompted to type in your Twitter account password to confirm it’s you.
6. Under Account information, update the username currently listed in the Username field. If the username is taken, you’ll be prompted to choose another one.
7. Click the Save button.
Changing Your Display Name
Your display name is different from your username. Sometimes referred to as your “real name”, it appears on your profile page and in other Twitter users’ Twitter feeds. This is the first name people see reading your tweets. If you use Twitter for a business or group, it will likely be the name of your business or group.
- Click your profile picture and select View Profile to open your Twitter profile page.
- Press the Edit Profile button to make your profile editable.
- Erase you current display name and input a new one in the Name field.
- Click the Save Changes button to save your new display name.